Monday, April 14, 2008

Our Story


 For those just tuning in, allow me to briefly recap the who's, where's and why's of our story. Eight years ago I flew to France to be an exchange student for a year. I lived with the Cheny's, a vibrant and dynamic family who ran a campsite off the coast of Bretagne. We lived in arguably one of the most beautiful islands on France, Belle Ile en Mer. My host mother, Odile, introduced me to her best friend's son, Grégoire, in attempts to keep me entertained and out of her hair.

 After a year living and learning in Bretagne I returned to Seattle with wonderful memories, almost perfect French and (to my parent's delight) a Frenchman. Grégoire set up shop in Seattle. He brought me to prom, landed a job at Biofournil USA, bought a house in Columbia City and by all standards successfully adjusted to his new surroundings.

 By the summer of 2007 Grégoire asked me to be his wife. I of course said oui! Freshly married we decided that we were ready for a change of scenery. By April, 2008, we had sold our cars, rented our house and were on our way to Paris!

 The goal of this blog is to document the joys and difficulties of marrying a Frenchman. Here you will find stories, musings and observations chronicling my time in here France. While I am a true Francophile, I am also an all American girl. My hope is that this blog will celebrate the differences in these two cultures with out offending either one.

 Please feel free to comment, contribute or correct my spelling. 

Bienvenu. Welcome. 

1 comment:

Elisa said...

That is not enough pictures Mary! Only two!

Miss you!