Sunday, May 17, 2009

Vocabulary Lesson - Part II

Since we are on the subject of mornings in France and waking up I thought I would do another little vocabulary lesson. Here are a few more words and expressions that no French teacher will ever think to teach you.

J'ai mal aux cheveux... Literal translation: My hair hurts....Meaning: I am hung over.

J'ai la tête dans le cul...Literal translation: My head is in my ass...Meaning: I am having a hard time waking up this morning.

Je suis dans le pâté....Literal translation: I am in the pâté...Meaning: I am moving so slowly this morning that it feels like I am wading through meatloaf.

2 comments:

Barb said...

If only I had known these phrases when we stayed with you. I would've had a chance to use all of them.

Unknown said...

Hi Mary!

Matt forwarded me your blog - maybe I should do one on "How to marry a Canadian" :)

Hope to see you soon.
Louise

PS: Check out the Tooth chipping picnic dessert Clafoutis here - www.justaddmaplesyrup.com
I'll trade you for your galette recipe!